As you are hiring a mobility scooter or manual wheelchair for the Air Tattoo you will be eligible to apply for a Disabled Parking Permit allowing you to park in one of the designated disabled car parks at the Air Tattoo. To apply for a Permit please call: 01285 713456 (Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm). If you are not a Blue Badge holder please let the Customer Services Representative that you speak to know that you have hired a mobility scooter or wheelchair from Event Mobility.
- As you have hired a mobility scooter or manual wheelchair from Event Mobility we recommend that you apply for a RIAT Disabled Parking Permit which will allow you to park in the Designated Disabled Car Parks which are located within the Red and Green Public Car Parks by the Customer Entry Points. When you are sent your RIAT Disabled Parking Permit directions (including route variations) will be included to help you get to the Designated Disabled Car Parks.
- If you did not order a RIAT Disabled Parking Permit when you ordered your Air Tattoo admission tickets please contact Sarah Turner via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01285 713300 ext 5380.
- Disabled visitors arriving by car and displaying a Blue Badge but NO RIAT Disabled Parking Permit will be directed to the front of each public car park where a designated parking space will be available, however this could be on rough terrain (grass) and some distance from the entry points to the showground.
- You will be able to collect your Mobility Scooter or Wheelchair from the Event Mobility collection points located in the Red and Green Car Parks by the Customer Entry Points
- There is no Designated Disabled Car Park in the Blue Car Parks and we recommend that our disabled visitors do not park here as they are all field car parks with uneven ground, are some distance from the Blue Customer Entry Point and even further away from an Event Mobility collection point . The route variations to get you to the Red and Green Car Parks will be sent out with the RIAT Disabled Parking Permit
- If you are travelling to the Air Tattoo on the Swindon Shuttle Bus, the Cheltenham or Gloucester Park & Ride Service or on a coach you will enter the showground by the Yellow Customer Entry Point. There will be a golf buggy available to transport you to the Event Mobility pick up point in the Red Car Park. Please ask at the Customer Entry Point. There will be a golf buggy available by the Red Customer Entry Point to transport you back to the Yellow Customer Exit Point later in the day.
THE ROYAL INTERNATIONAL AIR TATTOO
The World’s Greatest Airshow
Few events can rival the intensity, drama and spectacle on offer at the world's greatest airshow. The Air Tattoo, one of the UK's premier outdoor events, returns on 13-15 July 2018 and will be marking a very special occasion - the centenary of the Royal Air Force. As well as commemorating the past achievements, it will also be celebrating the present and helping to inspire the future of the RAF.
The 2018 Air Tattoo has been selected by the RAF to be the international celebration of the RAF's Centenary and will be bringing together air arms, aircraft and those who serve from around the world for a global salute to the RAF; known as RAF100.
RAF100 at the Air Tattoo will be a full three day event, with over 7 hours of amazing flying on all three days. Friday will be a day not to miss, featuring a Royal Review of aircraft, a 7hr+ flying display and dramatic flypasts to celebrate the Centenary. Due to the nature of this event, flying participants may be different on each day.